Incourage Grants FAQ
Here are frequently asked questions about Incourage Grants.
What is a 501(c)(3) designated organization?
A 501(c)(3) organization has applied for and received a letter from the Internal Revenue Service recognizing them as a legitimate charity for federal tax purposes.
Which communities are included in the south Wood County area of Wisconsin?
Our communities include Nekoosa, Pittsville, Port Edwards, Rudolph, Rome, Vesper, and the Wisconsin Rapids, Biron and Grand Rapids areas.
Once a grant proposal is submitted to Incourage, how long does it take to go through the approval process to receive funding?
The time from grant deadline to grant approval is typically less than one month. Once a grant is approved, and the applicant (grantee) returns a signed Grant Agreement and a formal request for money, the grant distribution check is typically processed within 5-10 days.
Can a nonprofit inform Incourage donors of our organization’s needs – without formally applying for a grant?
Yes, we invite you to call Mary Wirtz, 715.423.3863, to share immediate needs. Also, Incourage shares information from grant applications with our donors on a quarterly basis; we have many Donor Advised Funds and these donors are interested in local needs. Most Donor Advised grants are in the $100 to $1,000 range.
Does Incourage offer grant-writing assistance?
We can offer many resources to help you in your grant-writing efforts; click here. In addition, we offer the following advice for any grant proposal:
A good grant application . . .
- Follows all instructions to the letter
- Answers all questions asked without straying far from them
- Is clear, concise and neat (typed, not hand-written)
- Defines exactly how a project will accomplish the goals of the grant
- Explains how the grantee plans to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the project
- Collaborates with community partners
- Leverages resources (time, talent, financial)
- Persuades the potential grant maker that the project is a good investment
Can I get money from Incourage for personal use such as a dire personal need or starting a business?
- Incourage does not make grants or loans to individuals.
- If you have a child who is experiencing immediate medical issues related to cancer, a major disease or a major accident, please see Smile From Lacey Grants here.
- If you are seeking scholarships for post-high school education, please click here.
- For business, if you are seeking services for low-income individuals or businesses that create living-wage jobs for low-income individuals, please contact North Central CAP Services.
- For business, if you are seeking business start-up assistance or advice, please contact Heart of Wisconsin Chamber of Commerce.
For additional information, contact:
Dawn Vruwink | firstname.lastname@example.org | 715.423.3863