Putting the Force Back into Workforce
The future doesn’t come with instructions—but a vibrant future is something we’re working towards. This program focuses on a strategy of retraining workers for jobs that need filling. Although in 2011, the State added 9,300 manufacturing jobs, hundreds of local workers require new skills for this resurging sector. Together with others we’re working to change that. The key is to engage the community in turning complex issues into a workable design that inspires and engages organizations and people at every level.
About Workforce Central
Workforce Central is a program of Incourage Community Foundation comprised of three leadership groups: Funders Collaborative, Service Provider Network, and Manufacturing CEO Peer Council. We bring together philanthropy, employers, government, and educational and service providers as we work to achieve our ultimate outcome:
Everyone in south Wood County who wants to work has ample opportunities to prepare for and secure a family-sustaining job and advance in a career over time. Current and prospective workers conveniently access a comprehensive, seamless array of education, training, and support services, provided by a strong partnership of employers, educators, and service providers that takes shared responsibility for a healthy workforce, economy, and job market.Adopted February 2010
Workforce Central has become a model for rural communities across the country and for the National Fund for Workforce Solutions. In 2010 Workforce Central became the first rural Social Innovation Fund sub-grantee through the National Fund and the Corporation for National and Community Service.
Workforce Central Strategies
- Convene community stakeholders for shared learning and comprehensive planning.
- Fund worker training that will have a direct and sustainable impact on business.
- Build the capacity of organizations to enhance the local network of services available to workers and job seekers.
- Advocate for public policies that support workers and employers
Workforce Central Funders
- Incourage Community Foundation
- Corenso North America
- ERCO Worldwide
- Mariani Packing Co., Inc. (formerly Urban Processing LLC)
- North Central Wisconsin Workforce Development Board
- Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc.
- Ocean Spray Cranberries, Wisconsin Rapids Plant
- R. C. Charitable Foundation
- Riverview Health Care Foundation
- WoodTrust/Bell Family Charitable Foundation
- Gerard & Doris Veneman Family Fund
- Daniel and Cheryl Urban Family
- NewPage Corporation
- Alexander Charitable Foundation
- Paper City Savings Charitable Foundation
- 10 Incourage Community Foundation donor advised fund holders
Initial investments have focused on industry engagement, capacity building and training in the manufacturing, healthcare, Information Technology industry sectors as well as training in basic education, digital literacy, and job search skills required by today’s employers.
How to participate
Or Get Involved:
Service Providers email email@example.com
Businesses email firstname.lastname@example.org
Workers email email@example.com